miércoles, 18 de abril de 2007

Until we meet again?

We hugged, and for some strange reason, we were not sadden by our imminent separation... She looked beautiful, radiant, not a trace of death in her face. There were my dear friend and me, once again. The way we were, and unfortunately we no longer can....She said her goodbyes in her usual tone; it was the same tone she has been using since her treatment failed. The message was clear: she was going to die, but we must go on... She smiled, and looked into my eyes... Do you want to keep something of mine"? She asked-. Of course -I answered. She extended her hand, and gave me a beautiful rose, "until we meet again"-she assured me. We hugged for what it seemed an eternity, and a calm atmosphere filled the space. There was no sadness... but, as I removed my body from hers, there was a burst of blood...

I suddenly woke up, confused, not quite understanding what had just happened; but then, I realized that it was only a dream; there will be no goodbyes, my friend was already dead. I laid in my bed, as her words resounded in my ears: "until we meet again"! She sounded very convinced of what she has just said. But, where? -I wonder....And what does all this mean?

8 comentarios:

  1. creo que hay muchas heridas que no cierran rápido, pero tienes sus recuerdos, eso es lo mejor!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Lo que importa es que tú estás aquí, y la recuerdas. Eso es lo mejor que puedes hacer en su memoria.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Lacxo,
    estoy tratando pero es muy dificil; creo que mi mejor aliado será el tiempo.

    Joan,
    ¿Como no hacerlo querido? Tengo demasiados recuerdos, demasiadas vivencias.

    Un abrazo,
    Sonia

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Yo siempre me pregunto..que pasara el dia que cierre mis ojos & nunca mas se vuelvan a abrir...a donde ire ??

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Haz mucha gente cree en el cielo y el infierno. Yo para bien o para mal no creo en ninguno de los dos.
    Una brazo,
    sonia

    ResponderEliminar
  6. Comparto tu excepticismo con cualquier idea de trascendencia que no vaya más allá de lo que hagamos acá.
    La única forma de trascender es a través de los hijos. Y los artistas dejan sus obras. Y los que hacen bien a los demás dejan también mucho.

    Tu amiga te dejó momentos inolvidables y mucho amor. Pervive en tu memoria y en tus sueños. Eso de por sí es una maravilla.

    Muy inquietante eso si el sueño que tuviste. Pero a la vez muy bello; me conmovió leerlo hasta las lágrimas.

    ResponderEliminar
  7. Gracias Alvaro por tus palabras. A veces me siento como una isla en medio del océano. Tus palabras me traen consuelo. Gracias por leerme, es todo un honor para mí compartir mi espacio contigo.
    Un abrazo,
    sonia

    ResponderEliminar
  8. Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening.
    I appreciate you taking the time and energy to put this content
    together. I once again find myself spending a significant amount of time both reading and
    leaving comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!



    Take a look at my web-site; home cellulite treatment

    ResponderEliminar